Friday, February 10, 2012

Thursday

Today was a double edge sword. I was so excited, we got to take Kiril out for dinner. Than few hours later I was crying like a baby saying goodbye to Stephane as I walked him onto his train.
This morning was fun we all went to the bizarre, Steph wanted to see all the meat hanging up in the open air market. Don't ask me why ???  Than we walked around a bit. It was cold that Steph had to go wait in the car. Real Canadian, ha-ha!!! It was bitter cold I have to admitt but Zhanna needed some things so I stuck it out with her while Niki and Steph ran to car. After we went for are usual coffee and the local cafe. Than we came back and packed up Steph's bags and got organized. : (
This is so crazy to say but as excited as I am about this whole adoption  and as much as I can't wait to bring Kiril home forever. I just want to GO HOME so bad. I never have felt like this before. My stomach is twisted all the time. Maybe this is truly feeling of being HOMESICK!!!  The hard part is that I have almost 3 weeks left to stay here. Unless my prayers answered, than I am looking at 2 1/2 weeks. (why do they do they make families go thru this to bring a child to a loving home???) Don't get me started, I will stop here.
We got to go pick up Kiril and take him out for Pizza. It was nice to see him out of that orphanage for a change. He ate sooo much. : } When we left all the kids were so sad to see us go. It is heartbreaking to see their reaction. ITS SO UNFAIR!!! We brought them back some pizza's than we saw the smiles return to their beautiful faces. Stephane than had to say goodbye to Kiril, he was holding on to Stephane so tight he begged him to stay here with us. It was so hard to see Kiril so upset.
Than the time came that I dreaded. To say goodbye to Stephane. I had a pit in  my stomach all day. We walked him on the train to get him settled and than I had to say goodbye. Of course I cried like a baby and if you know Stephane he was crying too. He said to me "everything will be ok and you are a strong woman and you will be ok".  He is right I have no choice. As much as I didn't want the train to leave without me in it, I knew I had to get off.
I stood outside the train looking us at his window waving and I watched the train pull away.
What a weird feeling I had inside. Can't explain it!!

I am counting down the days that I will see Jaclyn again and we will back to normal.

Steph and his pig!!


Me and Tanya(adoption facilitator  & translator)






The kids eating their pizza we brought back
























2 comments:

  1. Noelle, I can not even imagine how sad it must have been to say goodbye to Steph. The tears have have been FLOWING!! Noone is a bigger mush than Stephane. Hands down the biggest softie I know. We miss you so much! Each day I think of you and prayer for your swift and safe return. The boys cannot wait to see Kiril again. Skype when you can. I tired twice this morning but it just rang until it finally disconnected. You are so strong, you will come out of this even more so. Big dinner for all when you get back to Voorhees!!! XOXO, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the blog! I feel like I am there with you, I feel your joy and your sadness . The children are all so beautiful- just makes you want to have them all! Thinking of you with love.

    ReplyDelete