Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Heading to Kiev

The time has finally come that I leave Kherson. I am so thrilled to be on the very last leg of this journey. It has not been easy at all!!!!
Yesterday should have been a joyous occasion. It was a very rough day. We were sitting in the car, first let me tell you we were in the car from 9:30am until 7pm, Zhanna was our taxi again! Sorry back to my story. Me and Zhanna and Kiril were in the car waiting for Tanya who was out of the car getting things in the passport office. I have first tell you something since day one that I have been here with Stephane and Jaclyn Kiril has jokingly said he doesn't want to come to America. He has said this many times in different ways.  So we are sitting in the car and Kiril says to Zhanna. "I am sorry but I am not joking this time, I do not want to be adopted and I want to stay in the orphanage . No America for me" . When  I saw Zhanna's face drop and turn white I knew something was very wrong. Zhanna translated to me the best that she could. When Tanya got back in to the car I told her and she started into Kiril. I sat in disbelief.  Everything stopped and we had to go the adoption inspector's office. They wanted to speak to Kiril alone than we all had a meeting. It seems that Kiril is very scared and he is afraid to leave his friends who are like his family. I completely understand this, I don't know if I would be brave enough to leave my country either. I have to also tell you Kiril is very distant towards me much more than he was this past summer. I don't know if that is also fear. Only God knows. God also knows that I am scared to death to bring this boy into my family and everything spirals out of control.
This is not what I pictured in my mind when I was sitting home waiting for this day to arrive. My picture was so much more loving and monumental than this.
The end result is that we got his passport and things will move forward as planned. I will hope for the best.
Some of you are probably in disbelief that I am blogging this. This is what a blog is for me to express my feelings. That is exactly what I am doing.
Maybe when WE come home things will get better. I pray this on my knees everyday!!!!

We leave at 7:30 tonight on the train and arrive in the morning at Kiev. Will be in Kiev until we fly out 5:30am Friday morning. I can't wait to see my FAMILY!!!
God bless

2 comments:

  1. Noelle, I am so sorry that you are having to endure such a hard time bringing Kiril home. I am sure that he is terrified. If you think it will help him to talk to Maria, let me knw and we can Skype. I know of a mom here in GA who went through the same thing with her adopted daughter. It took a while of unconditional love, but they are doing very well as a family now...and, they would do it all again. I will be praying or you all! Maybe we need to plan a get together sooner than summer? Call if you need to 'unload'. It will be okay...He is very emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noelle, I know you feel so far from home but I'm sure you know you are in everyone's hearts. I can't help but think about Jaclyn and what a trooper she is. As an only child, I can only imagine life with a new brother. I sent her a card and wanted to tell her how proud I am of her, that you all are, and how proud she should be of herself. What a terrific girl! You and Steph will nurture a wonderful family, through all the ups...and downs! Love you! PS. I'm so proud of you too : )

    ReplyDelete