Sunday, February 12, 2012

Surprise Sunday

What a nice surprise. When I woke up this morning me and Niki were sitting on the couch watching TV. All the sudden in walked Kiril and Zhanna holding a birthday cake all lit up for Niki. I was shocked to see Kiril come in the house. Today Niki turned 12. Surprise Sunday!!
Had a very nice day today with Kiril outside of the orphanage. He is a different boy outside of those walls. We had fun. We celebrated Niki's Bday today we had a nice breakfast, hand squeezed orange juice. Than we all hung out here for a while than off to go bowling. This was the first time Kiril ever went bowling. That is sad if you think about it age 10 and never bowled before. I have to say none of us to did to well at the bowling alley. Niki's cousin Sasha also came with us he is 19 years old really great guy. He was the only one who did pretty good at the whole bowling thing. After bowling we went and had some chicken pizza. Than we came back here again for about an hour. Than of course Kiril did not want to go back. Do you blame him?  We drove Kiril back and went inside to visit the kids and we brought them all cake and juice to celebrate Niki's Bday.
Zhanna donated a huge desk to the orphanage it is really nice and they put that in Tatiana's office were all the kids do their homework with her. They were all so excited. We had to wait there until the man we brought with us was finished building it. Than we said are good-bye's never easy for Kiril to let me go, especially tonight.
I spoke with Stephane and Jaclyn today. Love when I get to see their faces on Skype. Thank you to Anna for taking Jaclyn out to lunch and a movie after ccd this morning at church. I am sure she loved hanging out with the boys and I was so happy to see her at Friendly's on Anna's skype on her Iphone.

Ok I have to comment on the one thing that is really bothering me about Ukraine. THE DOGS!!! There is wild dogs everywhere. It is so bad. So many of them are hurt and no one does anything. It is way below 0 here at night and the dogs are outside. How do they survive??? When you walk by them they are shaking and just lay there in a ball. If you know me, than you know my passion is for dogs. This is so hard for me to see and and I can';t do anything about it. Talk about feeling helpless!!!

Enjoy the pictures and Good night and sweet dreams to all!

I love Jaclyn you are my GIRL!!!! xoxoxo


Happy Birthday to Niki!!!



Fresh Orange Juice

















Niki and his cousin


Niki does not smile in pictures so Sasha made him smile!!






Putting the desks together

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of my amazing daughter! You are a real trooper to go thru all of this alone. I don't think I could do it. The outcome is what keeps you going. We all miss you so much. Can't wait until you're home again with us. Love and kisses to our beautiful daughter.
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Mom and I can't wait until I am home again. I miss you all so much!!! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noelle, It looks like you had a wonderful day! We have been gone all day and could not Skype. Say hello to all the kiddos for us. I can't wait to hear that you are home safe and sound with your new son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great day with Kiril. So nice for both of you! Hugs and prayers .

    ReplyDelete