Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TERRIFIC TUESDAY

We have a SON!!! 
My body bounced back from this one quick, already back in my jeans.
We had our court date today at 2pm. We were in there for 10 minutes and they called us back in to say "Congratulations on your new Son" . I think I was in shock a little. I didn't say nothing, you all know me that is not normal. I always know what to say.  I was a little upset that Kiril was not with us. They said it was to cold for him to come to court. Lets talk about the coldness for a bit. IT IS FREEZING!!! You can not catch your breath. The schools are shut down because of the extreme cold. I have never experienced such cold temps in my life. Believe me I have been around cold for many years being married to a Canadian whose family lives on top of a mountain in Quebec. That is nothing compared to this craziness. Sorry had to cover the coldness.
We arrived in Kiev yesterday and Natalia picked us up and we went back to her apartment while we waited for the train to come at 9:45PM. She cooked us a great dinner. Than me and Stephane both fell asleep on her couch. We are such great guests. Her and her husband Alex are such good people.
We boarded the train to Kherson and we got settled in for the long haul. Thank God it was just us in the cabin. Everything was wonderful except that I thought I was sleeping on top of a kerosene heater. I almost got my pillow and slept in the hall. Of course Stephane slept like a baby. He could sleep on the stage of a rock concert. I never saw anyone like him. Nothing worse than being stuck in a cabin that is smaller than my closet at home and you can't sleep and you have no one to talk to or no TV to watch. I finally fell asleep after I stuffed my blanket on top of the heater vents. At that point I didn't care if we went up in flames or not.
Zhanna and Niki picked us up at the train. I was happy to see them they missed us too. Came home got ready and off to court. After court we went to a cafe and skyped Jaclyn and my parents. I have such a small window to skype Jac because of school, when she gets home its 11PM here. Anyway we skyped her and told her she officially has a brother and my parents finally got that Grandson they always wanted.
We came home to an amazing dinner cooked by Zhanna and we had a toast to our new addition.
That is why it was a "TERRIFIC TUESDAY!!!"

Natalia and her home cooked meal. She was very proud of her dinner that she prepared for us.

Stephane looking up hockey stats. What else????



Loading up Natalia's car.


Me on the train. "Round Two"

Picking up our drinking water. At one of the water stations.


Buying fresh meat at the Bizarre with Zhanna.

GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Sorry no pics from Court. Kiril was not with us, we felt funny taking a picture of us and the Judge.



4 comments:

  1. Doing the Happy Dance!!! Tell Kiril that we can't wait to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess it's okay to say Mazel tov because you and your family deserve congratulations in EVERY language!!!!!! So very happy for you and your great news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the Charbonneaus! Freezing temperatures or lack of electricity will never overshadow your warm hearts and determination to bring Kiril home! God Bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete