Thursday, February 23, 2012

Terrific Thursday

Why is it Terrific?  This is my last day in Ukraine. I am outta of here bright and early in the morning, flight leaves at 5:30am.
So lets start on a positive note, because that has been very hard for me to do lately. Yesterday Kiril had a very good day. I think it helps that another American family that I got to know from the orphanage are staying right across the hall in our apartment building. The Seifert Family adopted a boy name Oleg from Kherson as well. They have really been on the same timeline as I have been. Sandy Seifert is wonderful, its helps that she is a doctor and I have been pretty sick here. She gave me some things to hopefully get me back on track. The boy they are adopting is a really super kid, great sense of humor. Anyway Kiril is happy again because there is someone for him to play with and speaks his language. Lets see what happens when we go our separate ways at the airport in Germany. We both fly out tomorrow morning, than they go their way and we head to Philly.  My fingers are crossed for no issues, PLEASE!!!
When we boarded the train to head to Kiev, Kiril was a mess he had a major meltdown. I felt so BAD for him. Everyone was staring at our cabin because Kiril and Zhanna were in it. Kiril was screaming and holding on to Zhanna for dear life "Please don't make me go with her, I want to stay in Ukraine with you. Please, Please I don't want to go to America. Don't make me go!!! If you all recall when we brought Kiril to the Newark airport this was the same thing but I was Zhanna. He was screaming and crying "Don't make me go back there to Ukraine I hate it. I love you please you don't do it to me. I want to be here with you and Papa. Bring me home!!!" The security guy had to come because they needed to get him on board the plane was leaving and he would not let go of me. Well I just got a complete repeat of that but this time he didn't want Zhanna to leave him and was saying he didn't want to go with me. Also the Train conductor had to force Niki and Zhanna off the train because we had to leave. Kiril cried for about 15 minutes than we were playing Uno. UGH???
He finally fell asleep and I layed there and started to feel very sick. When I tell you its about at least 90 degrees in the cabins there is no air and you can't control the temp at all, its CRAZY HOT!!! I started to get motion sickness and it hit hard. I was up all night sick. Finally we arrived in Kiev and Alex came to pick us up, Thank God so he could help with my bags because by this point I was as white as a ghost and everything was spinning. I got in his car and we headed to our apartment which was not ready, just what I wanted to hear. I just needed a bed until everything stop spinning, but than I found out that there was no time for a bed we had to be at the Embassy at 10am so I had to go to the Seifert's apartment until we had to leave for the embassy. I had about 25 minutes to pull myself together to go to have my meeting at the Embassy. NIGHTMARE!!!
Everything went well at the Embassy, I thought it was going to be a very big deal there. It was nothing. She stamped some papers and said go pay, story of my life here. Than we were done have to go back today and pick up papers and Visa at 2pm. After the Embassy we went to get Kiril's medical exam that was pretty quick too. Not a very intense screening. "He is in good fine shape" I was told by the Doctor. Ok than, we will be on our way. Sandy and Oleg and her daughter Theresa were also with us. They needed to do Xrays on Oleg so we all waited and than we went to Domino;'s Pizza for lunch. By this time I was able to eat a slice of Pizza. We came back to the apartment and Kiril played with Oleg and Thersea the whole time. We all ate a big gourmet dinner, "Ramen Noodles" about 5 packs that was our feast. By this time my stomach was not in good shape again. I really believe my stomach issues are all stress related. I went to bed at 9pm. Kiril was not happy that I made him leave Oleg but he did not put up the usual fuss. I was very happy about that. I got him all tucked in he watched TV until he fell asleep.
Today we go to the Embassy at 2pm and that's it!!!! Done!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a wrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will probably leave the apartment about 3:30am for the airport. Flight leaves at 5:30am. I can not begin to tell you the feeling that I have knowing I am going to see my family in one day. Especially Jaclyn. I cannot wait to hold her in my arms, I need to feel her little body wrapped around me again. I long for that feeling. I also never thought I would say this but it will feel so good to feel Stephane a strong man scoop me up inside because I have felt so weak. And to see my Mom and Dad they are the two people that as soon as I saw them on Skype everyday my eyes instantly filled with tears. I still feel like a small child when I see them and oh how much I needed my Mom and Dad on this journey. Mom you are and always have been my best friend. I love you sooo much. I don't know how I would have made it thru this without you. Thank God for Skype and Mom's.
See you all very soon !!!!

Kiril on the train with me coming to kiev

Oleg, Kiril and Theresa at the medical exam building. They make you put these booties over your shoes when you come in. 

Our apartment in Kiev




No comments:

Post a Comment